BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, August 12, 2011

What Am I Getting Myself Into?


          Starting at a new school. Sounds fun doesn't it? Maybe not to you, but after being homeschooled and living in a new town, it sounds like a fun idea to me. Not to sound cliche, but this is a total fresh start for me and I'm excited to the max! I wanted to make this blog to document my year of going to a new school. Everything from the cram sessions to the drama.
          Now to catch you up on some things, I haven't always been homeschooled. I started more recently after having problems in middle school regarding pretty much everything. The school was half the size of an elementary school, the teachers hated everyone, and being around the same people everyday in such a small environment can be annoying and exhausting. So, I was only homeschooled for half of 8th grade and my freshman year.
          Starting at a new school as a sophomore actually does sound scary. I mean, everyone has already overcome the freshman hump. They've already formed their friendships on their first day of freshman year bonding over the fact that they don't know what the hell they're doing. Thank god though that I have one friend who goes there! Her name is Arielle. She has a lot of friends and she's actually a cheerleader. I'm not really the cheerleader type though. (I'm not gonna lie I used to watch Bring It On religiously.)
          I've been hearing that the school is very cliquey. If that's the case, I have no idea where I'd be put. I guess you can say that I'm indie/hipster. (Despite the fact that I hate those words.) In middle school, since the school was so small, there was no one I could bond with over good music and bands. All everyone listened to was rap and pop and hip-hop and they all wore Hollister and Wet Seal. Just to fit in, I started to do all those things. Which, by the way, was really stupid. I'm making a promise to myself that I'll be myself and won't change. Because if you think about it, it's no fun to pretend to be someone you're not.
          I don't really know what to expect though. Last thing I want is to get lost on the first day or not know who to sit with at lunch. What if I totally embarrass myself? What if it's like Glee and they throw slushies at me? Now thinking about it, what am I getting myself into?

No comments:

Post a Comment